The Lawnual Report 2020
- First things first, are these numbers you’re presenting real?
You better believe it, buster. We commissioned this report and developed the questions to get only the good insights. Then, we asked homeowners and lawn lovers across the nation. All told, we have 24 million data point combinations at our disposal. The possibilities...they’re infinite.
- Why did Cub Cadet do this study?
Because we’re Cub Cadet. And we care deeply about what people think of their lawns and how their lawns make them feel. What do they love about them? What does their grass inspire? These are just a few of the questions that lead us to discovering more about the mowers behind the mowers. Plus, it’s honest-to-goodness fun and we’re honest-to-goodness nerds about this info.
- How do you pull and compute these data points?
Great question. When we have an itch to mine a little deeper to understand lawns better, we walk from the 6th floor to the 7th floor and ask our data whiz, Sarah. She fires up her number crunching machine and gives us a closer look at the American yard. About 5 seconds later, she’s sharing her intel with us and blowing minds.
- Is this really an annual thing?
We sure hope so. We feel like we’ve only scratched the grass-covered surface with these numbers and that there’s still an ocean of information out there waiting to be dissected and translated into easily digestible, yet still fun and informative, content for you and us.
- Think fast: Who’s more likely to listen to hip hop when they mow: men or women?
It’s women. They’re 3.4x more likely than men to spin some hip hop as they mow.
- Wow, you guys did go pretty deep with this study and data, didn’t you?
You have no idea.
- Wow, I’m suddenly very interested in learning more about which equipment I could use to get in on all this lawn love. Any ideas?
We thought you’d never ask! Of course, it depends on what you’re looking to accomplish. But the good news is Cub Cadet probably has the equipment you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a lawn tractor owners love to talk about, there’s the XT Enduro Series™. Or if you’re more in the zero-turn camp, we have the award-winning Ultima Series™, from the ZT1 42 to the all new ZTX6 60.