Wood Chipper/Shredder Safety Tips
- Be familiar with all controls and their proper operation. Know how to stop and disengage them quickly.
- Keep bystanders, pets, and children at least 75 feet from the machine while it is in operation. Stop the machine if anyone enters the area.
- Do not put hands and feet near rotating parts or in the feeding chambers and discharge openings.
- Never attempt to unclog either the feed intake or discharge opening, remove or empty the bag, or inspect and repair the machine while the engine is running. Shut off the engine and wait until all moving parts have come to a complete stop. Disconnect the spark plug wire and ground it against the engine.
- Wear sturdy, rough-soled work shoes and close-fitting slacks and shirts. Loose fitting clothing or jewelry can be caught in moveable parts. Never operate this machine in bare feet or sandals. Wear leather work gloves when feeding material into the chipper chute.
Did you find this helpful?