Garden Tiller Safety Tips
- Thoroughly inspect the area where the the equipment is to be used. Remove all stones, sticks, wire and other foreign objects which could be tripped over and cause personal injury.
- Wear sturdy, rough-soled work shoes and close fitting slacks and shirt. Loose fitting clothes or jewelry can be caught in moving parts. Never operate this machine in bare feet or sandals.
- Disengage clutch levers and shift (if provided) into neutral ("N") before starting the engine.
- Never leave this machine unattended with the engine running.
- Never attempt to make any adjustments while the engine is running, except where specifically recommended in your operator's manual.
- Be familiar with all controls and their proper operation. Know how to stop the machine and disengage them quickly.
- Use caution when tilling near fences, buildings and underground utilities. Rotating tines can cause property damage or personal injury.
- Do not overload machine capacity by attempting to till soil too deep or at too fast of a rate.
- If the machine should start making an unusual noise or vibration, stop the engine, disconnect the spark plug wire and ground it against the engine. Repair any damage before starting and operating.
- Use only attachments and accessories approved by the manufacturer. Failure to do so can result in personal injury.
Did you find this helpful?