Push Mower Operation Tips
- Stop the blade when crossing gravel drives, walks or roads.
- If the equipment should start to vibrate abnormally, stop the engine and check immediately for the cause. Vibration is generally a warning of trouble.
- Slope Operation - Slopes are a major factor related to slip and fall accidents, which can result in severe injury. Operation on slopes requires extra caution. If the slope is greater than 15 degrees, do not mow it.
- Mow across the face of slopes: never up and down. Exercise extreme caution when changing direction on slopes.
- Watch for holes, rocks, hidden objects or bumps which can cause you to slip and trip.
- Always be sure of your footing. If you feel you are losing your balance, release the blade control handle immediately and the blade will stop rotating within 3 seconds.
- Do Not:
- Mow near drop-offs, ditches or embankments.
- Mow slopes greater than 15 degrees.
- Mow wet grass. Unstable footing could cause slipping.
Did you find this helpful?