- What Cub Cadet models are equipped with a Bluetooth® hour meter and can be used with the Cub Connect app? The following Cub Cadet models are equipped with a Bluetooth® enabled Smart Hour Meter and can be used with the Cub Connect app:
- RZT® S 46 Fabricated Deck Zero Turn Riders
- RZT® L 46 Fabricated Deck Zero Turn Riders
- RZT® S 54 Fabricated Deck Zero Turn Riders
- XT1 LT 54 Lawn Tractor
- XT1 GT 50 Garden Tractor
- XT1 GT 54 Fabricated Deck Garden Tractor
- XT2 GX 54 Fabricated Deck Garden Tractor
- What mobile devices are compatible with the Cub Connect app? You must have a compatible device to download the Cub Connect app. The app is compatible with:
- iPhone 4S / 5 / 5S / 6 / 6S (iOS 6 or later)
- iPod Touch (iOS 6 or later and Bluetooth® compatible)
- Android 4.3 (or later and Bluetooth® compatible)
- What is a "Smart Hour Meter"? A Smart Hour Meter is the Bluetooth® enabled hour meter equipped on select Cub Cadet models.
- How do I know I am connecting to the right Smart Hour Meter? If your Bluetooth® equipped select Cub Cadet model has it's key in the "ON" position and you are within 150 feet of it, you should see a Smart Hour Meter to connect to during the Cub Connect app setup. If you see multiple Smart Hour Meters to connect to, then you are within 150 feet of more than one Bluetooth® equipped select Cub Cadet models. You need to ensure you only have one Smart Hour Meter option when you sync your Bluetooth® or else you may inadvertently sync your Cub Connect app to someone else's model.
- Should I scan the serial number or enter it manually? Scanning the serial number is more accurate, but if you cannot scan it, you should enter it exactly as shown on the label on your Cub Cadet model.
- Can I manage multiple Cub Cadet models with the Cub Connect app? Cub Connect is currently configured to work with one Cub Cadet model; however, if the Cub Connect app is downloaded onto two different mobile devices, and synced separately, one to each model, then you will be able to manage the two Cub Cadet models separately.
- What if I have to replace my mobile device? If you replace your mobile device, you will need to download the Cub Connect app again and go through the setup process again. Once you are setup and reconnected to the Smart Hour Meter the total hours run will re-update and the individual monitors will reset to their starting points. Your maintenance records will no longer be available, which is why it's a good idea to email or print your Maintenance Records periodically.
- Is there an aftermarket Smart Hour Meter I can buy and install and use with the Cub Connect app? No, not at this time.
Worry-free maintenance reminders
Convenient maintenance record log
Seamless product registration process
Step-by-step instructions for routine maintenance
Easy to find Cub Cadet Service Centers
One-tap calling to Customer Service
Quick access to Operator’s Manuals
Simple replacement part reference guides
Bluetooth® Equipped Models
Don’t see your Cub Cadet machine listed? Select models can be made compatible by installing our Bluetooth Enabled Maintenance Meter.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if my Cub Connect app is connected to my Cub Cadet model? The Bluetooth® indicator on the Dashboard and Monitor screens will display blue if the app is connected to the model.
- What is happening if my hours are not changing and my Bluetooth® indicator is red? Your app is not connected to your Cub Cadet model. Check your mobile device settings and make sure your Bluetooth® setting is set to "ON". Also, make sure you are within 150 feet of your Cub Cadet model and the key is in the "ON" position. Now the Bluetooth® indicator should turn blue and the hours should update.
- Can I use my Cub Cadet model when my mobile device is not on or the Cub Connect app is not connected? Certainly, you can use your mower but until you reconnect to the Cub Connect app, there will be no communication between the app and your Cub Cadet model. When the app is active again, your Bluetooth® setting is "ON", and your Cub Cadet model's key is in the "ON" position, the hours run will automatically update your Dashboard and Monitors and any alerts will be displayed.
- Will I get maintenance alerts when the app is not connected to my model? No, the only time you will receive alerts is when the Cub Connect app is connected to your Cub Cadet model through Bluetooth®. Maintenance alerts occur when the monitors expire, based on the hours run. The hours run will sync when you reconnect to the rider and all alerts will display.
- Will the app tell me if my Cub Cadet model has been left on? No, not at this time. You should always turn your key to the "OFF" position and remove it from the ignition when your Cub Cadet model is not in use.
- What is a Monitor vs. a Dashboard? The Dashboard is a quick view of the status of all maintenance monitors. The Monitor is a detailed view of an individual maintenance item, which provides the options of locating a service center, do it yourself instructions and resetting the monitor.
- What do I do when I get an alert to check my blade? From the Dashboard, tap the monitor for Blade and tap on the Do It Yourself button. The Step-By-Step will instruct you on how to check your blade and how to change it if needed. When your blade is changed, you will want to reset the monitor. Otherwise, you can return to the Dashboard without resetting.
- How do I tell the Cub Connect app that I have done my maintenance? After performing maintenance, from the Dashboard, tap the relevant monitor and scroll down to the very bottom of the monitor page. There is a swipe bar to reset the monitor. Upon swiping, a service record will be automatically logged to your Maintenance Records.
- Are the parts in the Cub Connect app Parts List specific to my Cub Cadet model and the maintenance I want to perform? Yes, all parts in the Cub Connect Parts Lists are specific to the Cub Cadet model you identified during the setup of the Cub Connect app.
- How can I add multiple parts to my shopping cart? Each part has an Add to Cart button next to it. If it's yellow, you can tap to add it into your cart. If it's grey, that part has already been added to your cart. Tapping on the View Cart button at the bottom of the Cub Connect app Parts List page will display your shopping cart contents.
- How can I remove a part from my shopping cart? Tapping on the View Cart button at the bottom of the Cub Connect app Parts List will display your shopping cart contents. Each part in the cart has a Remove button. Tap the Remove button to remove that part from your shopping cart.
- Can I buy other attachments and accessories not included in the Cub Connect app Parts List? No, you cannot purchase items that are not included in the Cub Connect app Parts Lists. Please visit cubcadet.com for Where To Buy information for attachments and accessories.
- Where is the maintenance log? From the navigation menu, select the Maintenance Records option. All maintenance records are listed here with date the maintenance was performed.
- How do the maintenance records get created? After performing maintenance, from the Dashboard, tap the relevant monitor and scroll down to the very bottom of the monitor page. There is a swipe bar to reset the monitor. Upon swiping, a service record will be automatically logged to your Maintenance Records.
- Can I create my own maintenance record for something other than the monitor maintenance items on the Dashboard? Yes, there is an option to add a record on the Maintenance Records page. You can add any maintenance item you want to track, for example "Adjusted tire pressure".
- Can the dealer access all my maintenance information in my app if I don't have it with me? No, the dealer will not have access to any information within your app. You must have your mobile device with the Cub Connect app with you when you visit your dealer if you want to share that information.
- How can I view the operator's manual for my Cub Cadet model? From the navigation menu, select Operator's Manual. Review the Safety Notice and tap the "I Agree" button. The Operator's Manual will display in PDF format.
- I'm not getting any results for the Service Dealer lookup Make sure you are connected to the Internet for this feature
- I cannot submit a Product Registration Make sure you are connected to the Internet for this feature
- Should I register my Cub Cadet model if my dealer has already registered it? No, there is a button "Already Registered" at the top of the Product Registration form. Tapping this button will remove the Product Registration option from the menu, since it has already been performed.